I/ We hereby apply for the GTBank Card. I/ We declare that the information provided in this application is true and correct and shall advise you of any changes thereto. I/We hereby authorize GTBank to verify any information from whatever sources it may consider appropriate. I/We also agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. I/We undertake that this application, signed by me/us, is for the issuance of a Guaranty Trust Bank (Ghana) Limited (GTBank) Card for myself/ourselves and for my/our use and that in doing so, I/we do not represent the interest of someone else.
2. I/We understand that GTBank may decline my/our application without any reasons given us.
3. I/We understand that the GTBank Card remains the property of GTBank and I/we will surrender it unconditionally and without reservation upon demand by GTBank.
4. I/ We undertake not to use or attempt to use the Card without sufficient funds in my/our account to cover the ATM withdrawal or purchase transactions.
5. I/We undertake not to use or attempt to use the Card after the Bank has notified me/us of the cancellation or withdrawal
6. I/We undertake to immediately advise GTBank, when the Card is lost, stolen or misplaced, giving details of surrounding circumstances. I/We understand that if I/we fail to do so, I/we may increase the chances of fraud occurring on my/our account, and the Bank would not be responsible in anyway whatsoever for any unauthorised transactions on my/our account during this period.
7. I/We understand that I am/we are liable for any transaction that occurs on my/our account prior to reporting loss of my GTBank Card to the Bank.
8. I/We undertake to promptly return all found cards, previously reported by me as lost, to GTBank in the event that I/ we do find them.
9. Under no circumstances will I/we disclose my/our Personal Identification Number (PIN) to anybody, including family members, business colleagues and GTBank staff, and GTBank will not accept any liability should I/we disclose my/our PIN to another person.
10. I/We recognize that I am or we are not allowed to give my/our card to anyone except those involved when doing a Point of Sale transaction. The card is owned by GTBank and has been given to me/us in trust and is therefore not transferable.
11. I/We hereby authorize GTBank to debit my/our account directly with all transactions undertaken online, on Point Of Sale Terminals or ATMs with my/our card and I/ we take full responsibility for these transactions. I/we also agree to accept the Bank’s receipt of withdrawals and transactions as conclusive and binding for cards linked to local currency accounts.
In the event that Cards are linked to foreign currency accounts which said linkage shall be at the sole discretion of GTBank, I/We agree that any rate differential shall be passed retroactively to my/our account after transactions have taken place and the GTBank has received settlement for same.
12. GTBank is authorized to debit my/our account with fees in respect of the GTBank Card, for issue, use, and renewal or for providing the service herein.
13. GTBank reserves the right to terminate the services at any time without notice to me/us and without any liability whatsoever.
14. GTBank reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions at its discretion without notice to the applicant.
15. GTBank and its agents reserve the right to ask for proof of a GTBank Cardholder’s identity if the GTBank Card is presented at its teller counters or Merchant points. This measure may be followed from time to time in order for GTBank to protect its esteemed customers against any possible fraud.
16. I/We understand that if I/we fail to collect my/our card(s) after three months of issuance GTBank will destroy the card.
17. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Ghana.
18. I/we agree to spend or withdraw funds not exceeding bank of Ghana’s Foreign Exchange Control Regulation limit of $10,000 (ten thousand dollars) per trip outside Ghana. I/we understand that this limit may be reviewed from time to time by Bank of Ghana.
19. I/We unconditionally and irrevocably agree to abide by all the terms and conditions contained in this agreement and l/we agree that my/our failure to do so may result in any of these penalties: